Because the date for the Greenland Festival changed from June to July, NICKS LAKE will be our first camping/kayaking weekend of the 2020 paddling season. Our main paddle will be on Saturday, but for those interested, we will also be paddling on Friday and Sunday. If you do not wish to camp, you are still welcome to join us for the paddle on Saturday. We will leave the campground after the community breakfast cleanup. You should be at the campground by 10 AM.
If you are interested in camping, you will need to make your own campsite reservations through Reserve America Online. We will be on Loop C.
- Friday paddle - The paddle location will be posted as we get closer to the weekend.
- Friday Evening - You can choose to dine out at a local restaurant or eat at the campground.
- Saturday Group Breakfast - To be hosted by a volunteer. Please post on the message board what you are bringing. Also be sure to post your campsite number.
- Saturday paddle - The paddle location will be posted as we get closer to the weekend.
- Saturday Group Dinner - To be hosted by a volunteer. Please post on the message board what you are bringing.
- Sunday Paddle - We will be flexible and see where kayakers would like to paddle.Some will be packing up, so we typically meet at 11 AM.
Please Note: If you plan to paddle with us on Friday or Saturday and are not camping, please let us know. Paddle locations and times could change due to unforeseen circumstances, like the unpredictable weather.
- Directions: Take the NYS Thruway east from Syracuse to Exit 33 (Route 365). Take Route 365 toward Rome, NY. There are several turns as Route 365 goes around Rome, so watch for the Route 365 signs. Continue on Route 365 to Routes 12 & 28 North toward Old Forge. Take Route 28 North into Old Forge. The first brown campground sign is on the right by the school. Follow the signs to the campground.
Directions for each trip are provided to help people unfamiliar with the area to find the location of the trip. They are not meant to necessarily be the most direct route from your own location.