Note: Last year some participants camped on the side of the lake near the showers (Campsites 101 -121). These campsites are on Lewey Lake. Some people opted to camp on the other shower side (Campsites 138-161). These campsites are either near or on the water accessible to Lewey Lake. So it’s up to you to pick a campsite. If you are interested in camping, you will need to make your own campsite reservations through Reserve America Online. When you reserved a site, PLEASE post on the message board the number of the site that you will be on. We may be spread out, so it would be helpful to know where people are.
- Friday Earlybird Paddle : If you are not camping with us and wish to paddle with the club, please be at the campground by 10 AM. The paddle location will be posted as we get closer to the weekend.
- Friday Dinner: Some people will meet to go out to dinner on Friday at the Speculator Inn and others will opt to eat at the campground.
- Saturday Group Breakfast: Breakfast will be on a volunteer’s site. Please post what you are bringing on the message board.
- Saturday Group Paddle: Saturday we will leave from Lewey Lake Campground about a half hour after breakfast cleanup. If you are not camping with us and wish to paddle with the club, please be at the campground by 10 AM. The paddle location will be posted as we get closer to the weekend.
- Saturday Group Dinner : The group dinner will be in the recreation room, if free that evening. If the weather is nice, we could also gather outside the recreation room. Stay tuned and don't forget to list your dish on the message board.
Experience Level: September can be cool and breezy. If you are going to paddle Indian Lake, you must feel comfortable on open water with 1-2 feet swells and paddling 10-12 miles. Other easier paddles may be available. Be sure that you are properly dressed for the paddle and have all appropriate equipment. A spray skirt would be helpful.
Directions: From New York State Thruway you may take the Verona (Turning Stone) Exit 33. Follow Rt 365 East until the end, then turn left on Rt 8 north. Alternately you can take the Utica exit and follow signs for Rts 8 and 12 until they split, then follow Rt 8 north to Speculator. Take a left hand turn in Speculator onto Rt 30. Campground is 12 miles north on Route 30 from Speculator on the left side of the road.
SATURDAY GROUP BREAKFAST will be hosted by Jim and Mickey.
SATURDAY GROUP DINNER will be in the Recreation Room, pending availability.
PADDLES will be on Lake Durant and the Kunjamuk. Weather will determine which day we will paddle each location.