The Lake Eaton campground is 12 miles north of the Adirondack Museum and 1.5 miles from the Village of Long Lake. We will plan to follow our normal schedule. You will need to make your own campsite reservations through Reserve America Online. We will be reserving in the area of sites 60-85, 120-135. Read carefully because some are walk-to sites (Park car & carry your gear). You will need to reserve ASAP because sites go fast.
- Thursday: We will set up and paddle Eaton or close by.
- Friday Earlybird Paddle: Location will be posted.
- Friday Dinner: You can choose to dine in Long Lake or eat at the campground.
- Saturday Group Breakfast: We will fill up on a shared breakfast. Please post your dish on the message board.
- Saturday after breakfast we will paddle. Location will be posted.
- Saturday Group Paddle: TBA
- Saturday Group Dinner: We will share dinner at location TBD. Please post what you will be bringing.
Please Note: If you plan to paddle with us on Friday or Saturday and are not camping, please let us know. Paddle locations and times could change due to unforeseen circumstances, like the unpredictable weather.
Directions: Take the NYS Thruway east from Syracuse to Exit 33 (Route 365). Take Route 365 toward Rome, NY. There are several turns as Route 365 goes around Rome, so watch for the Route 365 signs. Continue on Route 365 to Routes 12 & 28 North toward Old Forge. Take Route 28 North to Long Lake. Turn left on Route 30 North. The campground entrance is 2.5 miles on the left. GPS info 43.98883, -74.46196
Please Note: Directions for each trip are provided to help people unfamiliar with the area to find the location of the trip. They are not meant to necessarily be the most direct route from your own location.
2018 Lake Eaton Update
Breakfast on Saturday will be hosted by Jim and Mickey. Supper on Saturday will be hosted by Alice and Amy. Please note what you are bringing on the message board.
The paddle on Thursday will be on the south end of Tupper Lake. The launch is on route 30, north of the campground.
The paddle on Friday will be on the Raquette River. We will launch from Axton Landing which is on route 30, 6.4 miles from Stewarts in the village of Tupper Lake.
The paddle on Saturday will be on Simon Pond. We will launch from Simond Pond Rd, a right turn off route 30 north of the campground. (yes, Simon and Simond are spelled differently)
See you on the water.