Kring Point is in on a rocky peninsula with the St Lawrence on one side and Goose Bay on the other. There is an ice cream store (groceries, too) within walking distance and a hiking trail over the small bridge to Morgan Island. We will be in the area of sites 36-48. If you are interested in camping, you will need to make your own campsite reservations through Reserve America Online.
- Friday Earlybird Paddle - Friday location will be posted as we get closer to the weekend.
- Friday Dinner - Some people will meet to go out to dinner on Friday and others will opt to eat at the campground. We are close to Alexandria Bay where there are several choices.
- Saturday Group Breakfast - Breakfast will be on a volunteer’s site. Please post what you are bringing on the message board.
- Saturday Group Paddle - Saturday we will leave from the campground about a half hour after breakfast cleanup. If you are not camping with us and wish to paddle with the club, please be at the campground by 10 AM. The paddle location will be posted as we get closer to the weekend.
- Saturday Group Dinner - Stay tuned for the location and don't forget to list your dish on the message board. Sunday - The paddle location will be posted as we get closer to the weekend.
PLEASE NOTE: If you plan to paddle with us on Friday or Saturday and are not camping, please let us know. Paddle locations and times could change due to unforeseen circumstances, like the unpredictable weather.
Directions: Take 81 North to exit 50N. Merge onto 12N. The campground entrance is 10-12 miles on the left.
Please Note: Directions for each trip are provided to help people unfamiliar with the area to find the location of the trip. They are not meant to necessarily be the most direct route from your own location.
Here is a tentative schedule.
The Friday earlybird paddle - Crooked Creek. It is on route 12, 1.5 miles east of the campground.
The Saturday paddle - Indian River. We will take Red Lake Rd which is between routes 21 and 22 - but we need to turn on Bridge Street in Theresa to get to it. Nelson Rd will be on the left off of Red Lake Rd. Nelson Rd turns into a dirt road. We will bear left by the Indian River Wildlife Management sign. The launch is on the left. Some maps called this the Red River. Coordinates are Long -75.76059 Lat 44.2652 but my GPS kept wanting me to turn into the woods, so they may not be helpful.
The paddle Sunday - Goose Bay. We can launch from the campground. Wind may be a factor. Alternate paddle is Sixberry Lake. It was discovered by pioneer Robert Sixberry. He was an orphan who ran away to live with the Indians. He supposedly lived over 112 years. The fishing access is off route 21. Lat/Long: 44.280056 -75.774948
Friday Dinner will be in Alex Bay
Saturday breakfast will be hosted by Eric on site 65.
Saturday dinner will be hosted by Deb on site 66.