Launching from PIERREPONT due to low water levels.
Launch Time 1:00 PM
Lakeview Marsh is located at the east end of Lake Ontario. We will launch at the Montario Point boat launch. This trip will be slow paced and designed to give beginners a good experience. We will stop at the beach on the lake for a picnic. Feel free to bring something to snack on and to share. It is also a great place for a swim and a good place to practice a wet exit from your boat if you have never done it. We want this to be a relaxing trip. Please be sure that you are properly dressed for the paddle and have all appropriate equipment.
We will be watching the water levels this year to be sure we can paddle through the shallow areas of the marsh. The lake level should be greater than 246 feet. (This bit of info was provided by Bill G. Thank you, Bill.)
Note: We typically stop half way through the paddle for a break. Feel free to bring something to snack on and check the website for last minute changes or cancellations.
Directions from Syracuse:
- Take Rt. 81 to exit 37 or Sandy Creek
2. Turn left on to Harwood Rd
3. Turn right at light on to Rt.11
4. Turn left on to C Rt. 22A on Ellisburg Rd. (gas station/market on corner)
5. Turn Left on Hadley Rd
6. Turn right on to Rt. 3 North to Montario Point Rd
7. Turn left on to Montario Point Rd
8. A short distance down the road, look for state access sign on the right
Please Note: Directions for each trip are provided to help people unfamiliar with the area to find the location of the trip. They are not meant to necessarily be the most direct route from your own location.