Lakeview Marsh is located at the east end of Lake Ontario. This trip will be slow paced and designed to give beginners a good experience. We will stop at the beach on the lake for a snack break. It is also a great place for a swim and a good place to practice a wet exit from your boat if you have never done it. Bring plenty of snacks for the beach. We want this to be a relaxing trip. Please be sure that you are properly dressed for the paddle and have all appropriate equipment. We will meet to caravan at the Big M Supermarket in Sandy Creek at 12:30 PM. If you wish to go directly to the launch site, we will meet at 1:00 PM. See directions below.
Directions from Syracuse: New Direction for Lakeview Marsh
1. Take Rt. 81 to exit 37 or Sandy Creek.
2. Turn left on to Harwood Rd.
3. Turn right at light on to Rt.11
4. Turn left at the Big M Supermarket on to C Rt. 22A or Ellisburg Rd.
5. Turn Left on Hadley Rd.
6. Turn right on to Rt. 3 North to Montario Point Rd.
7. Turn left on to Montario Point Rd.
8. A short distance down the road, look for state access sign on the right.
Please Note: Directions for each trip are provided to help people unfamiliar with the area to find the location of the trip. They are not meant to necessarily be the most direct route from your own location Directions for each trip are provided to help people unfamiliar with the area to find the location of the trip. They are not meant to necessarily be the most direct route from your own location.
View Lakeview Marsh in a larger map